Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Wild man on "roids"

I have some very good news. Granton’s number was way up. The new number is 10.4. This is the highest we have ever seen for him. It was so good that they let him come home last night. We were prepared for him to stay in Kansas City all week, but he got to come home and they even lowered his steroids. He has been feeling so good lately. He is truly a wild man. He eats so much we think he is turning into a bottomless pit. He likes to grunt and flex all the time. He has started yelling, as if he is commanding an army, to any one he sees. All this sounds like how a person on roids would act however, he has also started doing his own dance to the “Hot Dog” song on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and I am not too proud to admit it looks a little feminine. So I guess he is just loving life, we all are. We try to thank God everyday for our many blessings. Thank you all for your prayers. We have had a great couple of days and we just wanted to share how good we feel with the little wild man.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is still answering our prayers! It's wonderful to hear that Granton is, as my grandma used to say, "feeling his oats"! My little monkey loves that crazy hot dog song, too!

Tammy Guinn

Anonymous said...

I'm so thrilled about Granton, all the things he's doing only a little person would do and it's very entertaining!
I will pray for God's continued watch over all of you and pray for Granton to keep getting better, so all of you can really enjoy your children and await the birth of your beautiful daughter!

Anonymous said...

I'm so thrilled about Granton, all the things he's doing only a little person would do and it's very entertaining!
I will pray for God's continued watch over all of you and pray for Granton to keep getting better, so all of you can really enjoy your children and await the birth of your beautiful daughter!

Rachel Dominguez said...

YIPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you go boy....dance to that "hot dog"

Anonymous said...

That is so great!!! You should put a video up of his hot dog dance if you have the time :) Still Praying :)

Ronda Bilyeu said...

How exciting! I am SOOOO glad to hear there is lots of energy around your house. When the kids are happy everyone is happy. That # is AWESOME. Praise the Lord
We love the hot dog song as well and have to admit that we do the dance around the house.

Mandy said...

PRAISE GOD for the higher number!!!

I would love to see Grady and Granton together! Grady dances all the time and it's quite a funny little dance. He's eating like crazy too! He yells about everything but doesn't do much talking, just grunting and yelling!

Anonymous said...

God bless the wildman! Prayers from Bedford.

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud as I read your latest blog! You gave a very vivid description; I can just see Granton performing and enjoying life. The new numbers are fantastic!! Thanks for more great reasons to rejoice and Praise God for His goodness!
Rebecca L.

David Wesley Whitlock said...

Go Granton! Hi Daniel and Jenni. I just got home from speaking at an event in Oklahoma City and guess who I met there? Gram! Great to see the latest post and hear that the wild man is doing well. Blessings and I will be praying for you,
David and Dana Whitlock

Anonymous said...

What a hoot!!!!!Tonight, Roy and I went to a dinner at the Waterford--an occasion to meet OBu's new president. Roy gets these special invitation and drags me along. Well now, I was quite smartly impressed to get to meet the new guy and what is really preposterous--he, well his wife anyway, thought she had met a celebrity when she figured out who "Gram" was!Laughed myself silly. I remember so well about the prayer service when the Boliver group came to KC hospital when Granton was so severely ill. David said that is the onlt time that has happened to him--a masked meeting-- I remebered Dana from her posts on the blog and she said Daniel was the best teacher and the best coach her boys had ever had. We both mocked --demonstrated, that is, the antics he goes throughwhen his guys perform--wrestling, track, etc. Go, Daniel, go! And Jenni, you got the star mom, award. I tell you for sure, we are hoping and praying for a good report on Granton's number tomorrow--uh oh--it's today, isn't it. Oh yes, everyone was quite impressed with the Whitlocks. They are a very engaging couple and I truly was proud to meet them. Love you guys, and always pray for you all. Gram

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear this. Thank you, Jesus!!

Anonymous said...

Hello Bayless family. What a great update...our 7 year old has been praying that Granton's blood would go up to at least a 10, but telling the Lord 12 would be best. 7 year olds have no problem boldly approaching the throne of grace. Anyways, what a great update...we are rejoicing with you. We will continue to pray that these results will soon yield w/o medical intervention...but in the meantime...praise God for it!
--A family in colo springs

Anonymous said...

Granton must have gotten his dancing abilities from the Bayless side of the family! (Or our lack of abilities...ha!)
Great to hear the news!
Love you all

Anonymous said...

Can hardly wait for rbc test results on Friday. Praying Gods care. He loves all the Bayless gang. Love, Gram

Anonymous said...

Keep on dancin' Granton! Glad to hear his numbers are coming up! Will continue to pray for all of you! Won't be long now before the newest member of the family makes her appearance. Hope all goes well with that too! Our God is an awesome God! Love and prayers, KAP

Mandy said...

AWESOME numbers Granton!!!!