Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A little excitement







Well if you haven’t herd, there has been some excitement with the Bayless family lately. First of all, Granton got sick. He temp stayed normal so we did not have to take him to the hospital but he got a very bad case of the stomach crud. He puked all night and into the next morning. He also had it running out of the other end as well. I was concerned because he couldn’t even keep down water and I did not want him to dehydrate. This was keeping Jenni and me pretty busy and concerned when I had my little accident.

I have had the same truck since college. Her name is or was Penny because she had a bronze paint job. I have so many good memories with Penny. She took Jenni and me on our first date. I used her to teach the track kids how to change a tire because I want the girls on the team to be able to rely on themselves and not a stranger when they have a flat on the side of the rode. However, Penny never left me stranded. She faithfully worked hard for every time I asked her for anything. In over 11 years I have spent less then $200 on any repairs for her. She was a great truck and I will miss her. As you can see from the pictures she is gone. Penny slid on some ice and we did an upside down Dukes of Hazard off the side of a bridge and crashed onto a rock bank twenty feet below. I will miss Penny very much but I am very grateful to be alive. I walked away from the accident. Countless people have pointed out that I should have died. I would like to point out that God in charge of that and he still wants me on this earth. Anyway, I did have to go the emergency room after some strong arm twisting. They put me in a neck brace, and prescribed some x-rays, a cat scan and some stitches but I am basically fine. As you can imagine I was pretty bummed on my way home. But my day brightened when I saw Granton run to the door calling “Daddy, Daddy, hold you [which means pick me up].” He was better and that made my day much better. That was about a week ago. Since then Granton is back to feeling great and eating anything he can get his hands on. The pukes and the runs are gone. I feel much better; in fact I just had a fellow teacher help me cut some of the stitches out. Penny is gone but my family in intact. We are well and God is great. The G man has a big test on March 17th. Please pray for him and his donor B cells. Thanks and God Bless you

14 comments:

ROSIE said...

THANK GOD U R ALIVE, SORRY ABOUT PENNY, BUT GLAD U R HERE AND SAFE, I STILL PRAY FOR GRANTON, AND HE IS GETTING SO BIG, AND KAYLYNN IS TOO. GOD BLESS YOUR FAMILY

Anonymous said...

Daniel you and your Dad have a thing about creek beds---HUH But THANKFUL for the end of the story. Thankful that Granton is feeling better and that Kaylynn didnt get it. Thankful for a MOMMIE that can handle all these little things. We are remembering March 17. We Love Ya Pa & G!ma

Anonymous said...

OMG! Gives me chills just looking at the pictures. God once again had his loving arms around you. Glad you are okay. Penny can be replaced, you can't! Continue to have you all in my prayers and have a special prayer offering going for March 17. Believe! K

Tammy Guinn said...

God continues to keep his hand of protection on the Bayless family. So thankful to hear Granton was able to be sick without it turning into a hospital visit. And thankful he kept his hand on Daniel. He is truly an awesome God!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank God you are alive, Daniel and glad to hear Granton is feeling better. When I brought up the web today the pictures sure put the fear in me. Say hi to all the family
Love, Grandma Jeannette

God Bless you All.

Debbie Byers said...

We are so thankful that you are safe. There is a definite reason that the Lord has spared your precious family again. I thanked the Lord when I saw the pictures. I love you and your sweet family.

Anonymous said...

Thank God everything turned out the way it did. An accident puts the scare in a person. It seems as though the vehicle will never stop. I'm happy Granton is better, will continue to pray for his cell B, and the whole family.

GOD IS GREAT!
Angela K.

Kim Palmer RN said...

Daniel those pictures are pretty jaw dropping. I guess Penny decided to take a run for the pasture. I am so Thankful for your safty and that Granton is well again. Jenni needs no more heart attacks! Man she is tough.

Ronda Bilyeu said...

Oh my goodness, Praise God you are alright. I completly agree that God has plans for your whole family. Glad you are okay and Granton is better.

Ziyan's Parents said...

Thank you for sharing your blog... It certainly seems God has great things in store for your family, as evidenced throughout. I came across this blog as I was considering donating my baby's cord blood...I've spent the past hour reading your blog and nearly cried more than once! And I praise the Lord that you have not been ashamed to give HIM the Glory for the triumphs. May your entire family be richly blessed.

Anonymous said...

God is GREAT!I'm glad you are okay and I'm sorry Penny went to the big junk yard in the sky. God obviously has plans for you and for you to get another/better vehicle to teach the girls with - you are too cool for doing this! Even better, I'm ecstatic that Granton is okay :) Prayers going up for his test to come back with good reports :)

Anonymous said...

Wow this here just proves how awesome God is. Thankfully you could walk away from this Daniel. I havent been posting on this wonderful site for sme time but I am so greatful to hear Granton is a growing young boy he is also proof that God is Awesome.
God Bless
Sherry Mayer

Anonymous said...

Daniel I think you should send these pictures and the "STORY" in to the GMC people. TRhey ought to pay good for a Write Up like that. Love Ya Pa & G'ma

Anonymous said...

Daniel,
Oh my gosh! I hadn't looked at your blog in ages and just happened to look at it tonight. I knew you totalled your truck, but seeing these pictures gave me chills. God has been with you and your family in so many ways. I'm glad you were okay. Out of curiosity, were you wearing your seatbelt? Michelle Darby