I just wanted to clarify the medicines Carver is taking. He receives acyclovir for viral infections, fluconozole for yeast infections/thrush, and bactrum for bacterial infections. They probably sound familiar because Granton was taking them at some point, as well. Now, Granton takes a sub q medicine called hyzentra. It is like ivig only made so that he can receive it once a week instead of once every three weeks. And, as you know Mom or Dad can give it to him without supervision or in-home healthcare. Carver will also receive at least one more ivig treatment before his transplant. There is a risk that he might receive immune boost treatments at home like Granton. This trend is more common with the non-related cordblood transplants such as Granton had. Anyway, I thought that might be a question on some of your minds. But, this is not a concern we need to have right now. We are focused on the more important matters: healthy baby, the best donor match, and timely transplant.
This is my favorite swaddling picture. Carver gave me a cute smile this morning with eyes open!
Jenni
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Jenni--So glad you and Carver are doing well. Sounds like you are definitely staying busy! Thankful you have a computer for communication and updates. I enjoy reading them. Continuing to pray for Carver and your whole family. We prayed for you in Sunday school yesterday morning. Praying for a perfect donor! Love you!
Ashley
Jenni- adorable picture. Just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you.
Kathy
I finally got some picures off the blog so I can show my friends . Lovem--love you. gram
Post a Comment