Thursday, January 19, 2012

Appointment

Carver had a good appointment today. His platelets are now going up on their own! They are at 50, 000. Doctors like to see them above 20. His ANC was above 1000 and his hgb was 10.4 up from 7...he received blood on monday. His donor blood type AB is showing up now.

Also, we will find out tomorrow what Granton's test results are on his b cells...this is the bacteria phage that he took two trips to Seattle for.

I am still trying to find the best recipe for Mississippi Mud Cake. The lady who made it for the house gave me the directions and ingredients off the top of her head but not the measurements. My computer keeps freezing about the time I find a good one...maybe this is a sign. ; )  

Chocolate cake in a baking dish with a layer of cream cheese, cocoa, sugar and real whipping cream mixed together on top. Then, pour a layer of melted chocolate chips and whipping cream on top of that. Last, she had whipped cream and chocolate shavings. I can't think of a dessert that tastes much better than this!

We are still praying for Paxten and her family, as well.

Jenni

2 comments:

Direnna said...

GREAT GREAT NEWS Jenni!!! I love hearing the answers to my prayers! God is so faithful! Continuing to pray for Carver and Granton daily and thankful for the encouraging reports.

BTW: Momma used to make a Mississippi Mud Cake all the time that was amazing - not sure if I have the recipe, but will check. If I don't though, I bet she still does... Mmmm Mmmm Good!

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

jenni its in the mailbox maqybe it will help. wish i could be there to rock or read or whatever while you made it. were PRAYING. Love the good reports. pa & gma