Tuesday, August 28, 2012

New Responsibility

Well, we have a new responsibility with Carver.  It looks like he has type 1 diabetes.  Jenni and I are dealing with this as best as we can.  We have learned how to count carbs like pros.  We have to be very careful because he is so little that he is VERY sensitive and his numbers swing around a lot.  He is happy and does not mind the constant poking.  This has been very hard for us to swallow.  Carver had been the one with the home run transplant.  Now it looks like the transplant or at least his donor was the cause for this condition.  I am still praying for Carver to be healed of this.  God has seen us through so much and I know he will carry us through this also.  On an up note his IGG numbers are doing very well and the little man stands on his own when he does not know we are watching and he is about to walk.  Thank you for continued prayers. 

4 comments:

April said...

Still keeping y'all in prayers. I'm so sorry this happened to little Carver.

Love to you all,

Richard and April

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear this. I'll be praying for you all. I am also Type I Diabetic, but wasn't diagnosed until high school...so I can't imagine the challenge it must be with a baby, trying to count carbs. But, at least it is something that can be managed, and he can still live a "normal" life with. Take care!
Heidi Cross

Anonymous said...

praying for you all. thanks for the update. Marie in Iowa

Ronda Bilyeu said...

:-( Still praying for you guys.
The Bilyeus, in Conway MO