Sunday, November 16, 2008

Hi everyone,

Jenni and I have not posted anything for awhile because we don't have much news to post. I just got back from spending the weekend in KC with them. We had a great time. We gave Granton his first hair cut. He took it very well. I gave him a pot to bang on while we cut his hair and he was preoccupied enough not to make a fuss. He looks a little older now and his hair is much more blond. He is getting a more personality. He is still not talking but he makes noises that mean things. Jenni speaks much better "Granton" than I do. It is funny to hear them talk or argue with each other. She is a great mom and has handled this so well, but she is ready to come home. Please keep praying for this. Granton looks good and keeps getting stronger. The only thing that could cause concern is a rash he is getting. It is mainly on his back. It looks like dry skin and that is what we think it. This is something else we would like prayer for because a rash is also a sign of graft vs. host disease and we really do not want that. The doctors are very cautious and I am sure they will be alarmed if there is any reason for alarm. Please pray for a good report at his next check-up. We feel we are getting close to being home together and we would like to avoid any setbacks. Thank you so much for your prayers.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

We continue to pray for him everyday. He's never far from our minds. We are so Thankful to God for all our answered prayers. Granton is truly an amazing little boy. We will pray for the rash to go away & for you all to be home together soon. God Bless, The Bay & Holley families.

Wolf Family said...

Praying....

Anonymous said...

Always praying! My 5-year old was saying the blessing before dinner the other night and this is how it went, "Dear God, thank you for this food. Please help Granton get out of the McDonald's house. Amen."

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the continued updates. We keep you all in prayer daily;especially to come home soon. Billy, Regina & Zack Russell

Anonymous said...

We prayed for Granton in our prayer meeting this morning at school. We specifically prayed that he would be home for Thanksgiving. Blessings, Nancy

Rachel Dominguez said...

I continue to pray for Granton and now your new baby every day.

I can not wait to see the new haircut!

Anonymous said...

I will continue to pray Granton has no setbacks, and you get to come home real soon. That first hair cut is fun, hope you saved some hair you cut off and put it in a envelope! When you look at the hair a few years down the road, its hard to realize, gosh that was my baby's hair. I pray God's blessing for all of you!

Anonymous said...

Isn't that first haircut fun! Hope you kept a piece of hair for his baby book. Just the other day I was looking at my boys baby books and that little lock of hair from their first haircut tugged at my heartstrings a little. I will pray that the rash is nothing to cause concern and that you will all soon be at home back in Bolivar. Keeping you in my prayers always! Love Kim

Anonymous said...

What a grt email and yes the Prayers are being said daily without even knowing what is in need. I know God hears all Prayers and he will continue to respond to them. Granton is such a trooper & so is his Mommy & Daddy. I just feel there will be a big celebration in Bolivar soon for a wonderful Homecoming event.
Just want to Wish Granton & his Family
HAPPY THANKSGIVING
God Bless
Sherry Mayer

Mandy said...

No news is good news. Praying for the rash and that you're all home soon!
Amanda Rouse

Anonymous said...

nd aren't you guys goin to have a busy busy time. Let me know if I can help. Looking forward to pictures of Granton's new look. Love you all. Gram

Anonymous said...

nd aren't you guys goin to have a busy busy time. Let me know if I can help. Looking forward to pictures of Granton's new look. Love you all. Gram