Monday, December 22, 2008

Upswing

I am happy to report that Granton seems to be doing better.  His temperature is normal and he slept through most of the night.  This is a great improvement from the night before.  His new little white blood cell commandos seem to be doing their job.  Praise the Lord.  He has been sneezing nasty gunk up all morning.  I don't have much time to post anything else considering I have spent way too much time fighting with this computer over posting a picture.  The computer won.  See Grandma Ball, you are not the only one who has trouble with these things.  I will post more when I can.  Thank you all for praying.  I think he is on the upswing and hopefully we won't have anymore scares for awhile. 

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Granton, Jenni and Daniel,
Thanks for the positive update! So glad to know that Granton is responding favorably to the recent ER treatments. His system is working as it should - Yea!!
God's continued blessings as we celebrate Jesus' birthday, the "reason for the season."
Love and prayers, Rebecca L.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news. God is so good!

Mandy said...

So glad he seems to be doing better. I understand the feelings when your "used to be so sick" child gets sick! When my daughter gets sick we're like, "We'll watch her for a while" but when Grady gets sick we go into action! Even a snotty nose, especially in the beginning, caused us to get anxious. I'm so sorry Granton had to deal with more needles. I think all the needles and poking and prodding have made Grady tough and a little mean! :) Praying that he continues to fight this bug!
Amanda Rouse

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear Granton is is doing better! Thanks so much for taking the time to continue keeping us posted!!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear that our "big" little guy is doing better. I wish we could see you during our visit up to your parents and Dawna's next week. I want to see new pics of your new house. Send any pics to my email. dbyers57@cox.net
Love you guys!!!!
MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Anonymous said...

I saw your story on KC Star. Granton reminds me of my little nephew - his facial expressions, everything. He is precious. You are wonderful parents and I admire your faith during such a difficult time. Please hang in there and I wish you peace during this holiday season. Granton, stay strong little guy! You are a hero for handling all of this so well. Best wishes to you all.

Anonymous said...

I too saw your story in the Kansas City Star, and my wife and I both checked out your blog immediately. Our first child, John, was born and immediately put into the NICU and we had to watch him go through a lot of what you are going through... Luckily John is now 5 and doing great. We pray that Granton continues to develop and fight this, and pray that you God will give you the continued strength to persevere! Know that all things in life happen for a reason, and this too is for a reason. This will make Granton a stronger, healthier boy as time goes on!

Know that you are in our thoughts and prayers!

Merry Christmas, and God Bless,
Jeremiah / Meghan / John / Andy

Anonymous said...

Hey Granton---front page again Huh? You are quite a little celebrity! I am just thrilled that you are doing so well and we will continue praying for all of you and for continued health. Have a Merry Christmas---I know you will now that Granton is home!!

Anonymous said...

http://www.kansascity.com/703/story/
948992.html

For those who might be slightly internet challenged, this link will take you to the latest KC Star story on Granton.

Be sure to read the story, watch the video, and look at all the pictures. It is a wonderful piece.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to THE BAYLESS FAMILY AND A BLESSED 2009!
I'm happy you have a new home, that way you can start over. You can create new memories, they are awesome to look back and remember the wonderful time you had with your family.
I'm glad Granton is better, May God continue to bless him with improved health, one moment at a time!
Thanks for taking time to keep us informed about your family!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to THE BAYLESS FAMILY AND A BLESSED 2009!
I'm happy you have a new home, that way you can start over. You can create new memories, they are awesome to look back and remember the wonderful time you had with your family.
I'm glad Granton is better, May God continue to bless him with improved health, one moment at a time!
Thanks for taking time to keep us informed about your family!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to THE BAYLESS FAMILY AND A BLESSED 2009!
I'm happy you have a new home, that way you can start over. You can create new memories, they are awesome to look back and remember the wonderful time you had with your family.
I'm glad Granton is better, May God continue to bless him with improved health, one moment at a time!
Thanks for taking time to keep us informed about your family!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I sent the same message three times (CI)

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you all. You have given so much to so many this year. I know that for me, you have given me hope that there is never ANYTHING you can't handle with God's help. Thanks so much for being so positive and keeping us updated. You are in my thoughts and prayers always.
Michelle (Simpson)Price

Anonymous said...

Wow! Early this morning I had a phone call from Kansas City, Ken Frederick to tell me about the article. I've come up with some of it but notall, will keep tryiong, of course. Hey Daniel, keep at it, buddy, you will get there with the reluctant printer or whatever it is that is challenging you. Now I gotta go back and get on with efforts to get the rest of the KCnews article. Bot yo boy is this excitement!! Have a wonderful blessed Christmas. Love you all, Gram

Anonymous said...

I was reading the Kansas City Star this morning and the first article I read was about Granton. As I got to the back page to finish the article, I was STUNNED to hear that his great-grandmother is my Aunt Civilla!

I'm Ken Frederick and am first cousin with your mom, Daniel. I don't think we've ever met, but I was told about Granton earlier this year by Aunt Civilla (she's my late-father, Kenneth Frederick's sister).

I spoke to Aunt Civilla this morning and told her I'm sending her the KC Star from today so she'll have the article.

We live in Stilwell on the south edge of the KC metro area and when you need to come to KC, you'd be more than welcome to stay with us. We have four empty bedrooms now that our kids are all grown and on their own.

We share another happy thing. My youngest daughter, Melissa and her husband Brandon are expecting their second son in April!

Please do come and stay with us some time. We'd love to meet you both and especially your special little guy!

My email is kfrederick@midtec.com, so send me a quick email and I'll send you my phone numbers!

I know this is going to be the BEST Christmas of your young lives!

Best wishes and looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Ken Frederick
Stilwell, KS

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Granton, Jenni and Coach!!

Rachel Dominguez said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

I wanted to tell you that I read the article in the KC Star...I was quoted in it. I was shocked. I got several calls to tell me before I saw it.

I'm so glad to have been a part in Granton's prayer chain and so glad that all our prayers have brought him to such good health.

I hope you all have the best Christmas EVER! You certainly deserve it.

Love to all!

Rachel

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Jenni,Danial and Granton,-We are so happy you can all be together for Jesus Birthday Party.What a happy,special day.Granton you will probably need to help blow out the candles.We will be rembering you all in prayers at our family get-to-gether today.Give eachother hugs from all your Iowa family.Love to all,Grandma Bonnie

Anonymous said...

It was so good to see you the other day. You look great! Granton, seems to be doing so good and I'm so thankful. Hope you and your family had a good Christmas.

Ronda Bilyeu said...

Merry CHRISTmas!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful Christmas we hve had, and it isn;t over yet! Daniel and Jenni and Granton, you are the greatest. Can't wait to hear more about your Christmas. So much to honor the Lord for. Gonna be happy to get a copy of the DC star so I can put it on the bulletin board. Everyone here at Spanish Cove knows about Granton Bayless. We love you, Gram

Anonymous said...

Front Page Granton!!!! So great to see those smiling faces!!! :)