Granton's hemoglobin level went up from 6.1 to 7.5 after the blood transfusion. We are thankful his body seemed to accept the blood and his counts went up. Last night, however, he had to have a nasal canula taped to his face because he was requiring more oxygen (it's hard to see that tube on him). He seems to need more at night dipping down into the mid to low eighties...I even noticed 77 at one point. His cough gets worse at night, too. He sounds like he is trying to sneeze but can't and is real weazy. So far this morning he has needed constant blow by oxygen which means we hold the tube up to his face to keep his stats in the low ninties. He does not leave the canula on very well. We are preparing ourselves to stay for a little while and hoping he does not have pneumonia. I need lots of endurance, especially being in a hot room and pregnant, confined to a chair all day. Daniel did a great job holding him all night while Granton slept. We are thankful that he came in at the right time and pray that his sicknesses will resolve before baby Kaylynn joins us. That's all for now.
Jenni
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Praying praying praying
Hey Jenni--I was thinking of you last week and now I know why you were on my mind. I'm just getting caught up on your eventful week. Sorry to hear your little guy is back in KC but hopefully he is where he needs to be to get better. I'll be praying for him and you too. I like your baby girl's name! What's the middle name? I've been meaning to call you forever but never seem to get around to it. Just know you've been in my thoughts and prayers. Hope to talk to you soon.
Love and prayers--Ashley
I will be praying that your little guy gets better soon.
Praying that Granton stays on this amazing track of recovery. He is such a strong little guy! or should I say "big" little guy :). I love, love, love your baby girl's name!! So sweet!! Lots of Prayers, and Love.
Our thoughts and prayers are with your whole family. Our Zion Lutheran "family" prays for Granton too! We pray for the doctors and nurses that care for Granton. Give Granton hugs and kisses for us.
Love in Christ,
Linda and Robert
Hi Jenni and Daniel,
"Ditto" to the Buffington's comments...
Rebecca L.
Yes,I like that little girl name, also. I heard you were thining of attaching your middle name, (Sue?) Wouldn't that be just too sweet/ Especially since Granton has his dady's middle name. I'm glad you are in KC where they come nearer than anyone else how to treat him I can't emagine how tough it must be for parents. Daniel and Jenni, we love yhou all. Gram
Oh Jenni and Daniel, My prayers are with you and I hope his little body will be able to fight this off. Please let me know if I can do anything for you.
Always praying and thinking of you! This is just a little bump in the road, God will see you thru this too!! Be strong and we will continue to pray.
Praying for all of you!
I love the new baby's name. I personally know someone with the very same name. With love and prayers to all of you from us in Bedford.
Post a Comment