Friday, February 6, 2009

This seems a little foreign to me, but yes, I can still type. Fortunately, Granton does not have RSV or influenza. We think he has a cold, but his O2 stats have been lower today between 88-90 and he had a low temp. so the doctor is keeping him again tonight for observation and maybe blood tests in the morning. His ecocardiogram was normal. He is just a little pale with the sick eyes and sleepy. His cough and runny nose hasn't gotten any worse since yesterday.

I would also like to say hi to my friends in Anamosa (Joyce) who commented a month or so ago. Thanks for keeping in touch, I hadn't forgotten about you. Just now getting to the internet. Marsha Ketelsen has done a great job gathering articles for us, and speaking of articles...Granton was on the front cover (big and bold) of the treasures magazine put out by the hospital. I really enjoyed reading it and was surprised to see the magazine. A pharmacist recognized me and kindly gave me his copy. I'm sure we'll get some in the mail.

Hope everyone is doing great.

Jenni

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for comfort and healing for Granton and rest for Jenni and that you'll both be back home soon.

Tammy G.

Anonymous said...

May God keep you in his loving arms and make Granton feel better, and also for Jenni and the baby!
I'll continue to pray for all of you!


Angela K.

Anonymous said...

Leaning on HIM for protection! What's that phrase we had on the t-shirts, "Don't worry, PRAY!" That what I'm doing and will continue to do till that precious baby is home again. Glad to hear he has gained some weight. Will pray the RBC goes up. Love and prayers, Kim

Ronda Bilyeu said...

Hey guys....Hope Granton is feeling and doing better today. Still praying

Mandy said...

This germ season is so rough on the little ones! Grady's just getting over some sort of virus. He got really junky and had a scary cough. Some steroids and antibiotics and breathing treatments have helped. His last chest xray wasn't bad but it wasn't good enough for the pulmonologist to clear him to get his ear tubes.
Praying for Granton to get over this. Praying his body is able to fight whatever he has.
Praying for you all!

Anonymous said...

Hello Jenni and Granton,
I am at work today and will come and see you guys after rounds this am. I am glad he is rsv -.

See you in a bit.

Anonymous said...

Good morning, everyone! Sorry you have headed into the weekend with things not quite we would like. Spring is not so far away now and we all hope and pray for new and wonderfull days ahead. We are all so amazed and proud ofyour little family, everyone of you. We will keep praying for Gods loving arms around you alll. Love you,

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you all and praying for a full and speedy recovery.
Cathy F., Bolivar

Daniel said...

I am having trouble posting. This is a test.

Daniel said...

Still testing