Sunday, March 8, 2009

Two big thank yous and one big request

Wow, it has been a very busy week. We haven’t posted for a while mainly because we have not had any real big news and also because I have started track season. Our team is bigger than ever. This is great but it keeps me hopping. However, I now have some real news on Granton and the Wyrick family. First, I would like to thank everyone who has been remembering Josiah in their prayers. I don’t know a great deal other than he is better and has returned home. This is such a great family and they have been through so much please continue to pray for him. As for Granton, we also have a big “Praise the Lord!” His H.B.C. count was 12.1 on Friday. This is what normal people have. We can really see a big change in him. His energy level is through the roof. When he was sick and his H.B.C. was so low he acted normal. Now that he is healthy, which is the first time he can remember in his life, he is TURBOCHARGED! I could try to explain his actions but I wouldn’t do him justice. Just take my word for it, he eats anything in sight and acts as though he has high octane caffeine in his bloodstream. However, we do have a prayer request. Granton’s donor B cells were attacking his system and this why his H.B.C was so low. The medication the doctors gave him took out his B cells. We are about to take him off of those meds. We are praying that Granton’s donor B cells come back and get along with his system so all will be well. If Granton’s B cells come back instead Granton will have to get treatments for the rest of his life just like Grandma Ball explained in her earlier post. I don’t understand this much further than what I have explained. I just know that I am praying for Granton’s donor cells to come back and get along with everything else in his body. I have been praying for a long time that he will be a healthy little boy and a strong Christian man. Thank you. We take comfort knowing that so many people pray for our boy.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praise God for the great news on both the boys and still praying. It was great to see the Wyricks at church today.

Anonymous said...

Dear Daniel, mighty glad for the update. Somebody said we need to be telling our problems how big our God is. Love you, Gram

Anonymous said...

I love all the energy your little guy has now. What a blessing it was to get to spend some time with Jenni and Granton last week. Look forward to seeing you later this week. I have plenty of baby girl things to share. Will keep those pesky B cells in my prayers. Glad to hear your friends little boy is back home. Hope your week is blessed.
Love and Prayers--Ashley

Anonymous said...

Yeah for 12.1! You go, Granton!

We prayed last night for Granton and Josiah and our church will be in prayer all day today for Granton's tests.

Matthew 18:19 says, “I also tell you this: If two of you agree here on earth concerning anything you ask, my Father in heaven will do it for you." I know there are a lot more than two agreeing for Granton and Josiah's healings and I'm standing on God's promises for just that.

Anonymous said...

Will keep the Wyricks in prayer and Praise the Lord for Grantons progress. Will pray for his B cells to be compatible with his body. Glad to hear he has so much energy. Anxious for that new additon to your family to arrive. Won't be long now! Love and prayers, KAP

Anonymous said...

Thank you for keeping everyone up to date so we can continue to pray for specific needs. Your prayers are being uplifted by so many. We're so thrilled that he's doing so well. We will also continue to pray for the Wyricks. God Bless your family

Ronda Bilyeu said...

Hey guys, this is all exciting news. I will continue to pray for both boys.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad he is back on track. He will be in our prayers as always as well as the Wyricks family. Hope Jenni is able to get some rest before the big day.

Anonymous said...

Any news, Grandma Ball??