Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Some of you know we have sporadically had trouble with Granton throwing up all night. We have not put it on the blog too much because he always seems fine in the morning and it seems like such a little thing after all the stuff many of you are used to reading about with the little man. Also, I am more focused on praying for the correct B cells to come back then a little throw-up. Even though when he does this, it is a lot of throw-up. In addition to that, my last blog was about not sweating the small stuff. I must admit I joked with Jenni about being put to the test on that post. In the evening of the very day I posted that blog, I was taking a shower, completely covered in soap suds, and the water shut off. On top of that, we had family in who I hardly ever get to see and not being able to flush the toilets was kind of a downer. Things got worse at about 1:00 a.m. when Granton started his puke fest that lasted until morning. That little story kind of got me off track. In short we got the water flowing again and we are still working on not sweating the small stuff. But back to the throwing up, last week my grandma noticed the little beggar was continually chowing down on some cookies Jenni made. We ruled out the cookies a wile back because he has eaten them before and not thrown up. In fact Jenni has a list of everything he would eat the day before his all night throwing up events. We could not find a pattern. Nothing added up. However, grandmas have been around the block on this parenting thing so I paid close attention. Grandma was not talking as much about WHAT he ate but HOW MUCH he ate. I have watched Granton eat more then me and be fine, but it is always healthy food. We don’t let him have very much junk food. Also, I assumed if his stomach was too full he would throw up once and be fine. When Granton does this he keeps on throwing up and has the dry heaves real bad by the morning before he finishes. However, I did take note of what Grandma said. Well, yesterday our Track and Field team had a BBQ to celebrate this season. Granton loves the track kids and they love him. Some of the track kids fed him and I watched the little begger go around sweet talk kids out of cookies and chips. One girl made him eat grapes. I am proud of her and she will be one of the first I call for a baby sitter. On the way home I thought about all the Oreos and Doritos this kid consumed. If he puked that night, we would know why. Well, I think we have figured out the puking problem. It was not fun sitting up all night with a kid who throws up all over everything but at least now we know why. Granton can eat a lot of food and be fine. Granton can eat junk food and be fine. But, Granton can not eat a lot of junk food and be fine. Hopefully, now we can keep him from throwing up at night. I think we over fed him through his G tube back when he was staying in KC because, he would puke all the time and had real bad diarrhea. Oh yea, I forgot to mention Granton always had bad diarrhea when he pukes all night. Anyway, I think his body simply learned to say ENOUGH! When it feels overloaded it gets everything out, literally. Now we will just try to keep him from overloading his system. That is about all for now. We are still are praying for the correct B cells to come back and we appreciate you joining us in this prayer. Thank you so much for the love you have shown Granton and our family.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys still thinking about our GOOD visit. Did hate it that Granton got sick. But I knew he really enjoyed those good cookies Mommie made. Sometime when things taste so good we dont learn our lesson very well. AND next time around we think----one more of those good cookies wont hurt. so hope he will figure that out some day but in the meanwhile youll have to say enough for now. Glan the answer to the water problem was easy. Didnt have to dig up the well. Took the hospital article with me for the woodward guys to read and they all ended up in tears too when they read it. Yaall take care Love ya Pa&G'mavena

Tammy G said...

It's good to hear you have things figured out! I'm sure Granton's little lesson is one we can ALL benefit from. Continuing in prayer about the B cells. God has it all under control!

Anonymous said...

I have been following and praying for your family for nine months now. I would like to let you know that when I was on steroids it made my stomach feel numb and I never felt full. I am not an Ice Cream person and I would eat it with Granola Cereal one hour after a full meal. UGH!! Yes, my stomach bulged. I wanted a feeling of non-hunger. Ask the pharmacist. Hope this helps. I will continue to pray for all of you.

A. Kirby said...

I'm so happy you figured out Granton's problem about overeating. I pray the B cells will do what they should. Take care of the family, I know God is working overtime to help your family. My God bless you with many good things as time goes by!

Anonymous said...

Jenni & Daniel,
Only God could turn your situation around from where you were a year ago to where you are now...two healthy, beautiful children and many, many daily joys, including your track victories! God truly "restores the years the locusts have eaten" and I rejoice with you and join you in praying for the B cells.
Thinking of you,
Rebecca L.

grandma ball said...

Hey, all of you==my computer has been at rest for some time. So glad things seem to be going right for the family. I love you all, Gram