Saturday, January 28, 2012

Jenni and the kids are at the Sprint Center watching Elmo and all his friends. We got free tickets from the Ronny Mac House. This is a wonderful place. So Carver and I are geting some bonding time that he is sleeping through. He and Granton both had a lot of appointments on Thursday. Carver's went great. Actually, I don't know if I have ever herd the doctors act so positive. He still has a lot that could go wrong but things are looking good. As for Granton, we did not really find out anything we did not already know. Basicly, his B cells are not doing what they should and they don't think this will change. Granton gets IVIG to make up for this. We basicly have two paths we can go down at this time. We can continue to give Granton IVIG and he can rely on it for the rest of his life or we can attempt another transplant. This is not a decision we need to make right now. However, the older Granton gets the more complications he could have with a transplant. Right now he is doing great and we are going to leave things alone, at least for a while, but there are things to think about down the road. What if Granton's first transplant fades? Will he want to work in a country some day that does not have his meds? Also, the doctors fear he will choose to stop taking IVIG when he is 18, 19 or something and on his own. They see kids do this all the time as most young men think they are bulletproof and don't need anything. That is not one of my main concerns but I do know he could be limited to needing a medication for the rest of his life and I don't take that lightly. Additionally, as he gets older Granton will have more and more say as to these decisions. Another, thing to consider is there could be a new advancement in gene therapy in the future and we would have an additional option. This is just the tip of the isberg of things Jenni and I have concidered. I would like to add that I know God is in control and my ways are not his ways. I can't pretend to act like I know or even understand his plans. That being said, I have learned more now than ever before that Granton is a walking miracle and I just can't see God doing anything halfway. Anyway, that is the latest. The bottom line is Jenni and I have three wonderful kids who feel great and are very happy. We are living in a place that blesses us by showing us how luckly we are. There are so many very very hard situations all around us here. I am constantly reminded of how much better things are now as apposed to almost four years ago when we were constantly given no hope. We are a long, long way from that place and I can't think the Lord enough. Thanks for following our story and thank you, thank you, thank you for the continued prayers. The kids are back from visiting Elmo so I will get back to play time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

again we say we are praying. i cant imagine making the decisions you two are trying to make. i know this is heavy stuff for you but know of noone that can handle it better. praying for all to continue to go well and you will all be home together. just remember everyone is praying with you, love and prayers pa&gma

AEK said...

Praying,praying, praying!!!!!!!!!
You are truly God's children.