Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Cranky Times

The surgery procedure went smooth and Granton looked so cute afterwards. He was all bundled up in a hospital blanket with pink lips and cheeks, much better color than yesterday. He's gone 30 minutes now without having the oxygen mask held in his face for support. We think the lasics is a good explanation for this. He hasn't felt very good this afternoon. We are trying to decide if he is tired or in discomfort. He has been given a little bit of pain meds tonight and is starting to settle down. We're hoping for a good night and less oxygen requirement in the morning. So far, he's handled his feeds just fine, but they are increasing the volume gradually each hour to be easy on him. We are doing our best to handle all his new tubes and wires again. I appreciate nurses, especially with all the beeps, dings, cries and constant ups and downs. Our nurse today might as well have set up camp in our room. She was quite a trooper and had one more patient besides Granton at that. Have a good night. We're up here watching the olympics which is a nice distraction. We are so thankful for everyone's prayers. I think he might be feeling a little better tonight. We hope to have good news tomorrow.

11 comments:

Ronda Bilyeu said...

Dear Bayless Family:
My heart goes out to you and I wish I could do more for you or have more encouraging words to say. All I can do is continue to pray for you all the time and tell you my faith in our God is great and I know your little angel will be well in God's time. Love and prayers.

Anonymous said...

You guys are doing a fine job! It has to be overwhelming for you both at times......any of us would be the same. Don't beat yourselves up over your emotions. God is taking care of Granton, and he is there for you two as well. Try to get a good nights sleep.....it will help. Glad the surgery went okay.......Enjoy watching the Olympics!!! I sent you a card today with some details about the Granton t-shirts. Love and prayers..... Connie F.

Anonymous said...

I can't even imagine how hard this is on all of you. It has to be so frustrating. But, the Lord has brought you this far and I know he will see you back to your home and family soon.

I will continue to pray and save up my hugs for you. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenni,Danial,and Granton, We are back home now and so anxious to read how things are going there.Looks like Granton is at another bump in the road but he has jumped over them before and we are sure, with Gods help he will again. You are all in our prayers and hope to get down to see all of you soon.Grandpa is feeling better.Love Ya, GgLarry & GgBonnie

Anonymous said...

Good night to all of you--did Daniel have to go back to Bolivar? Sure--that baby has gotta have some discomfor t for a while after his procedures. In a few days now he will be back to that smiling little peekaboo baby. Does he still have the tube in his nose? I was wondering what more wires and tubes he has, monitors and IVs I suppose. Thanks again for the blog. Love and prayers, Gram

Anonymous said...

Oh Jenni,
The few months our lives were turned upside down was difficult enough, I can't imagine it lingering on as long as you've been there. I know it must be exhausting. The only thing I can tell you is just to pray.(Sorry, no new revelation there!) The days that are harder are the days you pray longer. God can take you to another place. I know that sounds crazy, but He does. When my husband and I were in the hospital with Serenity, we had to leave four very small children behind with family. It was almost unbearable for me because I had never been away from them. There were many days that I just longed with every fiber of my being to be home. I had to miss so much of their lives. I even had to miss one of their birthdays. Some days were much harder than others. There were days that I could swear the hospital walls were much smaller and closer than the day before. These were the days that I just cried out to God to take me to another place and time. It may sound strange but HE did it. He gave me an unspeakable joy that surpassed all of my aches for home. I had peace and contentment during the most difficult tests of my faith. The nurses would be more friendly, my quirky husband would be extra funny, I would suddenly remember happier times that I thought I had forgotten. I found myself being happier on the days that I should have been the most depressed. God found ways to ease the heartache and help me make it through the day. Just continue to talk with your Heavenly Father, He will give you the strength, Grace and peace you need to continue on! He also knows the desires of your heart, I truly believe that it will not be long until all those desires are fulfilled! In the meantime, we continue to pray!

So happy to hear the surgeries went well! :) Serenity was on lasics for the very same reason. It made a HUGE difference in her breathing as well. I continued to give it to her orally for a few months after we went home. Then God delivered her completely from ALL of her medications! Granton, That day is coming soon, very soon!
Love,
Dana

Anonymous said...

I am so glad he did great! He always had tolerated procedures pretty darn good.

We are off to your old stomping grounds, stockton lake. I will be at work this weekend and will be up to see Granton. I will see you all soon.

As always you are all in my prayers.
Kim P RN

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking about how this site has had over a quarter of a million hits. It amazes me how many people are hungry to see the hand of God at work, yet so few are willing to make the sacrifices to move it. Through all of this you have remained faithful. You can hold your head up high in knowing you are a true warrior of Christ. Something that is so rare in this day and age. I know that in the very distant future every member of your home will hear the very voice of God speak these sacred words. "Well Done my Good and Faithful Servant!"

Anonymous said...

Just to make myself clear, I didn't mean all of your fellow bloggers aren't willing to make sacrifices. Reading it back, it may have sounded that way. We all know that you have an entire army of warriors lifting you up in prayer. My comment was in reference to the rest of the world. :) Anyway, Good night! I'll shut up now!

Anonymous said...

So happy things went good today for Granton. Praying for a good night and good news tomorrow. Still praying!

Rachel Dominguez said...

Love you Granton!!! You are in my thoughts and Prayers ALWAYS!!!

I think of you every day and read about you every day and I am pulling for you!

You are a Hero to me!

Rachel