
I don’t know how to describe the level of energy Granton has had lately. Scientist should study this kid to find a new source of renewable power. The little guy has been so much fun. The doctors just came by. They plan on weaning Granton off more drugs and they hope to have some more answers from new engraftment test results, which should be coming in soon. The big news is they are seriously talking about a surgery for Granton. It is a very common surgery where they basically give him a “button” that goes straight to his stomach. They tell us it has very little risk of infection and it does not damage his abdominal muscles. Parents seem to like it after it is put in. We see the benefits for Granton. He has needed a little oxygen at night when he is in a deep sleep and his mouth is shut. After this surgery he will no longer need the NG tube and that means no obstruction in his nostrils which will hopefully mean he does not need oxygen at night. Also, he has pulled out his NG tube a few times and he hates having it put back in. This would eliminate that problem. Another reason it is good is we always check for placement before we give him anything through the NG tube. We want to make sure it is in the stomach and no where else. We would not have to worry about this problem with the new “button.” Also, it would be nice not to have a tube taped to his face. The down side is he will probably be put on a ventilator for the surgery. We know he is better but last time he was put on a vent it seemed like forever before he was taken off. It will be hard on us to see him on one again. Hopefully, they can take him right off. Of course, it is always a little strange to let people poke holes in your child, and more so when he’s not sedated or paralyzed. The doctors seem to think this will be better for him in the long run and it should make things simpler for us once we get to the Ronnie Mac house. We agree with them even if we are not totally looking forward to it. Oh well, everyone loves their belly button. Granton will actually have two of them.

11 comments:
Well, It sounds like the dotors have thought it all out and you two seem to be good with what they are thinking. Hey.......just think, at least he won't have a ring in the extra belly button! He is so amazing...... I know he is going to do great. When are they planning to do this for him. Connie F.
That sounds like a good idea. I know surgery never sounds like fun but at least you know were the food is going at all times. He always does an amazing job I am sure this would be no different.
See you this weekend. Let us know when they are going to do it!
Kim P RN
I just love keeping tabs on this little guy! Sounds like he is doing pretty well...and the perplexing the doctors sounds like it is somewhat in a good way...he's doing better than they think he should be! Keeping you all in our prayers! Emily R.
You sound comfortable with the proposed surgery for the stomach button. God must have spoken to your hearts. I'm sure it will hard to see him on a vent again. But at least it won't be for long. I'd love to see that pudgy little face without any tubes. I will pray that the surgery goes well if they decide to do it. Keep looking up! OUr God is an awesome God and he will protect the little guy. Love and prayers, Kim P.
So the kids likes to be symetrical...what's wrong with that? ;) We will be sure to add the surgery to our prayer list.
Jenni, I have recently read a great book on infant massage...you might want to check with your Dr. about it's benefits for Granton.
"Granton, I think two belly buttons sounds silly and fun. I hope you like it. Love Hannah and Emma"
Bellybutton bonanza! Hey how about getting a couple of rings for him and let him outdo all the other young guys by having 2 rings in 2 bellybuttons? OK--seriously, we will pray about this. I'be been wondering ow the oral feddings were going. Won/t it be great one of these days when he wo'nt need tubes . I made a bunch of pictures fgrom those you took when he pulled his ng out. Been showing it around and you should see these ole gramma friends of mine swoon!Love ya, Gram
HEY, MOM AND DAD.
HE IS LOOKING BETTER EVERY DAY.
WE JUST CONTINUALLY PRAISE GOD FOR THIS BLESSING.
LOVE YA,
D. JOHNSTON'S
He looks so good!!! That sounds pretty cool about the button!!! Praying that God will place the right decision on your heart. Take care
Grady didn't end up getting the button but it was one of the options back when he was so sick. Granton will look cute with two belly buttons and it sounds like it will be a good option for him and you.
I'm back at work (teacher) so I can't check in as often but I try to once a day so I can see how Granton is doing!
Praying!
Amanda Rouse
Hi,
We have been praying for you for some time and wanted to encourage you about the second belly button. We made the very difficult decision to put a g-tube in our then 6 month old and were so glad from the moment she came out of surgery. It made such a huge difference in her life and made her much able to do things. She had one for 2 and a half years and has no concerns about the scar now at 9.
We look forward to logging on every morning to see what miracle God has done in your life. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
The Kretschmer Family
Post a Comment