Monday, October 13, 2008
Good news and bad news
Let me get the bad out of the way first. Granton lost weight. Jenni told me how her heart sank when she saw the scales. Everyone has commented on how much fuller his face is and on how his ribs don’t show as much. We were looking forward to the weigh in to see his progress. His last weight was 7.5 and this one was 7.3?? something. Jenni was afraid they would want to readmit the little dude. However, she said the doctor and staff did not seam to make a big deal about it. They commented on how much better he looks and on how much more active he is. He is a lot more active and someone at the hospital commented that with him burning all that new energy he may be burning off the extra calories he is getting and keeping. Now I will share the good news. Granton’s lab results looked very good. The team was very happy with them. In fact, they decided Granton did not need one of the medications he has been taking and he will have one less drug in his system now. We are very happy about this. Please keep praying for the little guy. We are praying he won’t be so little anymore. We are also praying for him to continue recovery without setbacks. I also want to express my gratitude to all the people who show interest in my son and continually check this blog. Can you believe this sight has had nearly 1/3 a million hits? Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
I bet all of his new found energy and activity IS burning up calories! I know when Grady got to moving around after he was in the hospital he lost weight! Praise God for good lab results! Praying for continued recovery and no setbacks!
Amanda Rouse
I'm sure you're right....he's just moving around alot more. You ought to see how much weight my daughter lost during the time she started crawling and walking. They are busy little bodies! Hang in there. I know you're looking forward to when you are all under the same roof all the time. You all have made me appreciate the little things in life so much and build on my faith in prayer.
Always praying for your family,
The Darby's
We continue to pray everyday for Granton's healing & weight gain & his return home soon. Congrats on the new little one on the way. Granton will be a great big brother. God Bless, The Bay & Holley families
Great news even though he has lost weight. The main thing is that he is feeling so good and acting like a little boy. Prayers continue in Bedford.
I bet they are right, all that exercise makes a huge difference. Continuing to pray for your family each and everyday. Love and prayers
Weight is an important measuring tool, but it's certainly not the only one. If the doctors are pleased, that's what counts. The weight will follow. How could it not with all the prayers going up for Granton?
Still praying and believing,
Tammy G.
That is not such a big drop in weight. He is feeling good and he is more active. Sounds great about the lab work and so happy to hear the dr's are pleased. You are right....we need to keep praying for no set backs and to gain weight. Sure hope all goes good and it won't be long until Granton and Jenni will be back in Bolivar. Still praying!
Sounds like we have a very active boy on our hands and he is just burning those calories away. Kee p up the great job Granton cause you & your family will be back home soon. And what a Glorious Day that will be to know Granton is home in Bolivar.
God Bless
Sherry M
Congratulations you two,We are looking forward to great grand baby No. three!(even if it does make us sound old.Only as old as you feel--right)So happy Grantons lab tests were good. Maybe getting off another med. will help his appetite and moving around, like it sound like he is, I'm sure he is building muscle.So you guys hang in there and it wont be long before Daddy is asking us to "say a prayer for the big guy"(and we will!)Love ya--GgLarry&GgBonnie
Jenni -
I know I worry about Sydney a lot. Granted, she has not had the same health issues as Granton. But, if it does put you at rest she eats almost as much as Brynley, who is 2 years older, and she barely weighs 24 pounds and she will turn 2 in 2 weeks! She can't sit still at all, so I guess she just burns up everything she eats.
Just wanted to let you know the Stockton United Methodist Church has been praying for Granton for months, and will continue to do so. It's nice to be able to check the blog and see how the little guy is doing. He's a beautiful child. Be strong - we're with you in prayer!
I bet he is burning calories up with all the activity he is involved in. Glad to hear the dr's. weren't too concerned and that he has one less medicine to take. I will continue to pray for good health and no setbacks. I hope you are taking care of yourself too Jenni. I'm still amazed at the strength you and Daniel have shown through all this. Looking forward to the day you all get to come home to Bolivar. Love and prayers, Kim
It seems to me that the good news far offsets the bad.
Continue to know in your heart of hearts that the Johnstons love you and long for the day we can see you back in church. what a blessing this will be for hundreds of us.
With love, prayers, and thanks for GOD' mercy
Dana and Dwayne
I can only say thank you for keeping us informed so much. I miss hearing about Granton when the blog isn't new, gosh I don't want to sound like a grouch.
The Bayless family is very special, I admire your belief in God and putting everything in his hands. I know that isn't always easy, but you are a very strong family.
Thank you for sharing Granton and your family!
Post a Comment