Sunday, October 5, 2008

Well I think it is pretty safe to say that Granton loves birthdays. He loved all his visitors, he loved all his presents, especially his new toys, and he loved his cake. He really loved his cake. That was probably the most solid food he has eaten in a while and he managed to make a big mess in the process. We haven’t let him play with all his toys yet because we want save some when the newness wares off the others. However, I think it is going to be a long time before the newness wears of his red car. He likes to have people push him around on it. He is still trying to find out how to honk the horn and reve up the engine. I am sure he will figure it out. He had a great time playing with Aunt Snanna. She can always make him laugh. We had a wonderful time. We said a prayer before his birthday dinner. I am so happy I got to thank the Lord for a year with Granton. This year has taught us so much. I am sure it has taught me to be more thankful for little things like holding my son and wife’s hand in prayer before we eat or whenever. Speaking of prayer, we are praying he gains weigh without any setbacks. The little guy has a checkup tomorrow and we will see if he has had any progress in this area. Personally, I think this could be the best Granton has looked since Christmas time last year. We are so thankful. We will try to post some pictures later.

11 comments:

Direnna said...

Daniel, Jenni and Granton,
I'm so thankful that you were able to have lots of celebrations for Grantons big day - he/yall deserved them all. This past year has taught me stuff as well and although I've always been so proud of you, I've been even more proud of you and your family. I love each one of you and can't wait until I can spend time playing with Granton again. I don't know if anyone else sees it, but he looks so much like you Daniel when you were that age. You are all so precious and I'm thankful for each of you! Looking forward to seeing some birthday pics!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Granton had a wonderful 1st birthday. HOpe he gains weight and that his checkup is good tomorrow. Continuing to pray for his health to just keep getting better and better and that soon you will be bringing him home to Bolivar. We should all be mindful of the blessings God has given us and give Him thanks at all times. Have a great week! Love and prayers, Kim

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful time you've had celebrating Granton's birthday! Praising God for all the miracles he's worked in your lives (and others because of Granton's story).
Praying for weight gain and a good check up!
Amanda Rouse

Ronda Bilyeu said...

Granton, It is so good to hear that you had a wonderful first birthday. Those cars are the best. My son Brixon loves his. I am praying that you have a great checkup tomorrow. Hopefully all that cake helped to pack on the pounds!!! :) Praying for you everyday...

Anonymous said...

It sounds like everyone had a great weekend and Granton had a good first birthday. You are so right, we take to many things for granted. Sure hope the check up goes good tomorrow and Granton makes an approvement with weight gain. Praying for no more set backs and Granton to be home soon.
Ohhh ...Aunt Shanna, makes alot of people laugh.

Anonymous said...

Sorry...can't type tonight. Hope Granton makes an improvement with weight gain.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it wonderful to celebrate your childs first birthday!

It's so good to have good times, it makes you feel normal.

I'm praying Granton's check up goes real good.

MAY GOD BLESS all of the Bayless Family with many blessing!

Anonymous said...

Great birthday news. Can hardly wait for the pictures. Some of them have looked almost startleingly like his daddy 30 years ago. Love and prayers, Gram

Mrs. McCullah said...

We can't wait to see pictures of Granton and the red car!
love you!

Amanda

Anonymous said...

Jenni
Glad to hear Granton had a great birthday. It won't be long and he will be going home for good. Sorry we missed you a week ago when we were down, but we will be back again. It concerned us that he had to go in for a procedure but we realized this was probably pretty routine. Our friends from New Zealand will be going home in a week so will have more extra time. Love you much
Grandma Jeannette

Anonymous said...

Praising God with you!

The Martins :)