Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Ivory

Granton has been doing pretty well lately. The baby in him is fading and the toddler is kicking in. He really seems happy to be home. Granton has learned how to point and now he points at everything. He has also started making a clicking sound with his mouth by sucking on the side of his cheek and pulling his tongue away so the sucking sound makes a “click.” We have also noticed him drooling a lot where as he used to not drool at all. Jenni thinks he has been fussing a little more lately as well. We did not know the reason for this because he cut all his teeth months ago. Well, we are first time parents and still learning. Last night Jenni discovered a molar equal in size to an elephant tusk cutting through his gum in the back of his mouth. I thought he was too young to get molars but I am still learning and this guy is teaching us so much. Otherwise, he is doing well except for the nasty rash on the back of this neck. This rash causes caution because a rash can be a sigh of graft vs. host disease. Last time the Doctors thought it was because of dry skin due to the dry atmosphere. We pray the report will be the same on his next checkup Thursday. Of course we are always praying for his continual improvement and we thank you for doing the same.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where do you go for his check-ups? Is there a dr in Springfield or do you have to go all the way back to KC?

Daniel said...

We still have to go back to KC.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Grant is doing great, I can't wait to see him next week! It will be so fun to have all the cousins together for the first time (even the two unborn babies).
Love you all so much, Wonderful news! Darbie

Anonymous said...

Cutting teeth sometimes causes rashes too. :(

Anonymous said...

So glad you're enjoying your son, they are so precious, they grow so quickly.
I pray that Granton's rash will get better and disappear!
Thanks for the blog I know you are very busy, but it's a good busy!

Anonymous said...

My son is one month younger than Granton and he also had a very bad rash, but it was on the front of his neck. The doctor tried everything from antibiotics to creams, but he kept getting it for weeks. Finally, I realized that it was possible he had inherited my sensitive skin and his neck was just dry. To treat my dry skin, I use Dove sensitive skin body wash and also Oil of Olay Quench body lotion. I used the same products on my son and his rash cleared up in a few days. I will never know why only his neck was broken out, but it does appear that it was just dry skin and that was a susceptible area because of drool or where the clothes rub, etc. Could be the same thing with Granton - couldn't hurt to try :)

Amanda Morgan-Scott

Anonymous said...

Im praying that the rash is just dry skin, or better yet nothing at all. So glad that you guys are back as a family in bolivar!

Anonymous said...

Hi. We are so glad to hear Granton is doing so well. We are praying for another good check up on Thursday. I wanted to ask if you had come up with any baby girl names yet? And where are you going to have this baby? Are they set up to store cord blood?

Anonymous said...

Is your camera broke?

Anonymous said...

Sounds great!! Hope the rash is nothing to worry about or be concerned with. The person that said,cutting teeth can cause a rash, is true. In Granton's case it is always good to be safe than sorry. Glad he goes thursday for his check up and you will know for sure what is going on. Sounds like he is just being all boy, that's a good thing.

Anonymous said...

We would LOVE a new picture or video!?!?!

Anonymous said...

You're in my prayers, that the rash is nothing serious.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting and keeping us updated. I know you have been busy but it is great to hear the good news. We are still praying for continued progress. Hope you are all doing well!

Anonymous said...

I'll be praying that your dr. visit goes well tomorrow and that this rash is nothing to worry about.
Wonder if you guys got moved over the weekend. I pray that this transition, among the many you have going on, goes well. Can't wait to come visit in your new home.
Love and Prayers--Ashley

Anonymous said...

I'm sure it is good to be HOME we have followed Granton's progress all along just "Praise the Lord" we have enjoyed having Gracie here for Thanksgiving and the rest too. It would be interesting to see the two of them together. We continue to pray for you all (our S.S. class. Christmas will be special. Lindseys' grandmother Lorene

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Granton is growing and changing. Crystal had sensitive skin -- still does. With weather changes, make sure he has more water and my personal favorite Eucerin cream, especially before bedtime.
Mama G

Anonymous said...

Dearest Daniel and Jenni and Granton and ___who? So glad things are going pretty well and are waiting to hear what the doctors say this last checkup. Yeah, he is a little young to have a two year molar. But we know he is an exceptional kid. After he gets all of them you can start the six year molars , but not for a while . Love and prayers, Gram

nikki wood said...

I just came across your blog! I am getting ready to deliver in the next month, and my son has a heart abnormality...we are from Springfield, and moving to KC this weekend so he can be by Children's Mercy. Maybe we will see you there sometime :) I will put you on my blog roll so I can see your updates! Granton is in my prayers!