Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Granton had a trip to KC yesterday. His RBC count is still 7.8 on the dot. It needs to be higher but is appears to be stable. The kid has finally toped the 20 lbs mark which is pretty cool. This is funny because I thought he grew overnight yesterday. We have also noticed Granton getting more vocal. He understands more of what we say also. Jenni has been teaching him hand signs so he communicates with us better as well. The kid loves our attention. He better enjoy it now because little sister is on her way and she is going to rock his world! Other than that, we really don’t have any news. Of course please keep praying the little man does not catch anything this winter. Thank you so much.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for 20 lbs, and yay for at least staying stable at 7.8! Still Praying and Thanking!

Anonymous said...

I read your story in the Jan. 12th Cedar Rapids Gazette. I saw the picture of your adorable baby boy and when I started reading the article I realized I know you, Jenni. Do you remember the Christenson family from your year in Anamosa IA? I think you were in 6th or 7th grade back then. We've kept tabs on your family via Christmas cards from you Mom & Dad but had no idea of the struggle Granton has had this past year. We're thankful that he has improved enough to come home and pray that he will continue to improve each day. We will keep all of you in our prayers. God Bless.

Anonymous said...

I think Granton is rocking your world right now, GREAT! So happy for weight and 7.8.
I will continue to pray for all of you, God will bless you and keep you in his arms.

Anonymous said...

I think Granton is rocking your world right now, GREAT! So happy for weight and 7.8.
I will continue to pray for all of you, God will bless you and keep you in his arms.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the blessing of a little addition to your family! They are God's wonderful gift to us!

The Dunbar Family
www.caringbridge.org/visit/samueldunbar

Mandy said...

Stable is good. Weight gain is good! Praying for Granton to stay healthy! Thinking of you all often.
Amanda Rouse

Ronda Bilyeu said...

Hey Bayless family. Glad to hear Granton is packing on the pounds. Still praying for that 7.8 to climb, but glad there was no decline. Take Care. Still prayin

Anonymous said...

I just knew there would be an update today and sure enough!! Of course we want to watch the rbc climb but happy it hasn't gone down and willbe up some next time. And wasn't it cool to hear from an old friend, Jenni, from the Cedarville story as I did last week from the San Antonio news. Speaking of Christiansen, another prayer request--Julie Christiansen Smith, age 21 extremely critically ill doing some last ditch transplants to try to save her life. I believe her grandfather is the one who married Grantons grandparents, Dennis and Debbie. Please pray for Julie. Thanks for the blog--and oh yes, I'm always interested in hearing from Amanda and how is Grady doing. There are so many little guys out there who have captured our thoughts. Love you Jenni and Daniel. And yep! Your world will be rockin' some more. We got to see Rachel Lee yesterday and she is a sweetheart. Love you all, Gram

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Glad to hear he is doing better!!

Cathy F., Bolivar