Thursday, January 15, 2009
Long night
Mr. Granton had a long night. We woke up to the sound of him coughing and puking at about 1:30. We don’t know if it is food poisoning or the stomach flue. I feel bad for the little man. He doesn’t even complain. He just pukes on himself and goes back to sleep. I was holding him when he had the dry heaves. Jenny and I take turns taking care of him each night. I usually get the bad shift but last night was hers. They both had it pretty rough. When these things happen I have to really take control of my mind. Those ugly questions try to slip in my head. How could he be sick when we watch him so much? Does he have enough white blood cells to fight this? Is he loosing his engraftment? Does his immune system work? The questions flooded in and this was the answer I came up with: For God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power and of love and a sound. mind. (2 Timothy 1:7) I closed my eyes and went to sleep. Granton and Jenni got some sleep also and he seems to be doing better this morning. Please pray for him and I will try to keep you posted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Bless your hearts. Of course we will pray for him to feel better. I'm so thankful for your trusting spirits and faith (they are a beacon to the rest of us). I can't tell you all how many times I've felt a certain prompting of some sort and will check in on the little guy and not only will I see you've found an answer, but it either answers my need or sends me in the right direction.
I know that God is using you all of HIS good and I am so thankful for your willingness to be HIS vessal, even and especially in the most trying of times.
Although I do not know you all, you have a very special place in my heart and my family's hearts. I praise God for you and little Granton everyday. May He continue to heal and guide you all.
Love & Prayers,Always!
Praying Continuously
Amen to Anonymous.
Will keep all of you in our prayers.
Daniel and Jenni,
I think about you every single day (many times a day) and we continue to pray for Granton and both of you. I am so thankful and proud that you are able to get your mind under control and trust in our amazing God. How do those who don't know Him, endure such trials.
As I read your blog a favorite song of Jessie's started going through my mind (I will have to copy her CD and get it to you, because Granton will love it!), but it's from the Veggietales. 'God is Bigger than the Boogeyman', so simple, but SO true!
Love you guys and praying Granton is doing better today and that you all have a better night tonight.
LOVE YOU!
I am sorry to hear you guys had a rough night. It is so hard to see little ones sick. I will pray that Granton gets better soon.
I completly understand how it is easy to be over taken by fear. I also have those same kind of ugly questions pop in my head about Carter's cancer coming back. Thank you for that verse it really spoke to me, it was what I needed today. Its one I am going to memorize. Praying for Granton to feel better soon.
Gina Ryan
Oh no! Was he coughing so much that he puked or was the puking like a sick to his stomach puke? Poor baby. It's so hard to have a sick kid but when they've been through so much already it can be so scary and seem so unfair. Praying for Granton! And you guys!
Amanda Rouse
Continued Prayers for this little guy that God will shelter his body from these cold viruses that are going around I know I have the cold and it is no fun. Wow 20lbs WTG Granton keep up the awesome work & God Bless Mommy & Daddy too
SMayer
I'm praying for your little guy. Praying that Jenni doesn't get it.
Praying for Granton to feel better quickly and thanking God for your willingness to trust Him.
Poor baby. My daughter just spent 2 days at Childrens Mercy becuz of either a flu bug or Samanella Poisioning. She was throwing up non stop and had the diarreah so bad that it caused her butt to become so raw that it was bleeding.
I sure hope Granton gets over this fast.
Love and Prayers.
Rachel
PS...I dont know if you guys ever read my blog or not. I was one of the ones quoted in the KC Star story. Anyway...if you ever read my blog and want to continue reading you need to send me an email at luvfor9@gmail.com and give me an email address to send you an invitation to my blog because I went private. If not...no biggie.
Post a Comment