Saturday, October 11, 2008

Big Boy, Big Brother

Today has been a gorgious fall day here in Kansas City. We took Granton to a nearby park for a picnic to get out. The neighborhood was in a historic district, so the park had lots of tall old trees. Granton enjoyed swinging in our laps, and we enjoyed hearing him laugh under his mask. He has been so happy lately and making me happy to see him drink and eat so well. We received some high calorie soy milk and juice from the nutritionist and Granton loves them both! I went to the hospital to get more in hopes of tipping the scales on Monday. Speaking of weight, Thursday's weight was probably more than Monday instead of the same. On Monday, he weighed on an adult scale wearing clothes, and Thursday he weighed on a baby scale without clothes. After I thought of this, I felt much better and am expecting good results at our next visit. I will also take the initiative to find the same scale everytime when we arrive at our appointment as I did Thursday. Hopefully, the team will be less likely to remind us that they are worried about his weight if the results are more consistant and accurate. Despite the scale issue, he acts and looks healthier this week than in the past and we are feeling more confident in his progress.

We are also pleased to announce the upcoming arrival of Granton's little brother or sister! We are due in April around Easter. Along with our new blessing, Daniel's sister surprised us by announcing she is due the same month. We are all shocked and excited at the timing of events.

Happy Saturday,
Jenni

41 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so happy for you guys!!! I had a feeling you were pregnant! I don't know why...... something about the last pictures you posted and also when you made the statement to someone about being jelous about the weight after having her baby. It is awesome news!!! Granton will love having a little brother or sister! God Bless you all!!! Connie F.

Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! What wonderful news. Granton will make an awesome big brother. Sounds like he is just doing so very well. God bless.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! So glad that you had a great day and Granton got to get out and enjoy the weather! So good that he loves his high calorie milk and juice! And CONGRATS on the new baby! You guys will be doubly blessed (and doubly busy busy busy!! :) )
Amanda Rouse

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! All of this is great news!!! Granton will be an awesome big brother! God Bless!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You guys will be BUSY! Glad to hear Granton is feeling so good.

Megan said...

That's so terrific! I'm glad things are more balanced. It was a beautiful day in KC-that's very true! I know it's not Bolivar, but it's a pretty great place:)

neubiewaters said...

Wow!! Congratulations!
Zach & Erin Waters

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What an awesome blessing for the entire family. Granton is going to have so much fun with a new little brother or sister! I remember when my twins were born. My oldest daughter was a year and 6 days old and she thought we got those babies just for her to play with!

We're continuing to pray for Granton's weight gain and weaning from medications. It's easy to see with every new picture you post that he is feeling better each day.

Again, congratulations on ALL the wonderful news!

Tammy G.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!!!! I will be praying that you have an awesome pregnancy!!!!

Anonymous said...

That is so great. It will be so good for Granton to have a broter or sister. He will be so good to them. Not to mention that the baby will be so lucky to have you as parents. We were just talking about other families that have been in the PICU who are pregnant. I thought of you guys.
It was so nice here and I am so glad you got out with him and as a family.

As always give him a hug and kiss and the baby a rub!

Kim Palmer RN

Ronda Bilyeu said...

Congratulations!!! Granton, Can't wait to hear about your big weigh in. You will be going strong by the time your baby brother or sister gets here. Praying for you guys daily

The Gray Family said...

Oh my goodness - congratulations!! That is such exciting news! I am also soo happy to keep reading all of Granton's wonderful progress!!

Ronda Bilyeu said...

Jenni, Sorry I left you out from my previous post. I pray that you are doing good, no sickness etc. Congratulations!!!! again. :)

Anonymous said...

Well I heard this news a day or two ago but won't say who. I'm sure you know just who it was. CONGRATULATIONS!! Sounds like you guys are having an awesome weekend and I'm looking forward to hearing Granton's weight monday.Your family is going to have a great Thanksgiving and Christmas, so much to be thankful for. Still praying!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME NEWS!!! Glad Granton is doing sooooooooooooo much better. Also congrats on the new baby!!!

mary said...

Jenni,
I'm so excited y'all are pregnant again! congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Oh what exciting news that Granton will be a big brother. Praying for his continued health as well as yours too, Jenni. Also happy to hear Granton will also have a baby cousin. What blessings.

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news! I've had to shed a few happy tears for your family. How blessed you are to have Granton doing so much better, plus knowing that he will be a big brother.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
So you are about 3 months, maybe 4? How are you feeling so far?


"Dear Granton, I hope you get to go home soon. Having a baby sister is fun, you are going to like it. Love Hannah and Emma"

Anonymous said...

So happy about your wonderful news, I'm so glad Granton will have a brother or sister!

Praying for Grantons improved health.

Jenni take care of yourself and the baby, and of course Granton and Daniel.






1

Anonymous said...

Congratulations-on both the new baby and the continued good health for Granton! Still praying for blessings daily!
Mike and Rachel Tennison

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I was suspicious that you might be pregnant, Jenni. With being sick and in one of the latest pictures, I wondered. I will pray for a easy pregnancy and a healthy baby. Sounds like Granton is doing really good! Will continue to pray for him too. Love and prayers, Kim P.

Anonymous said...

Golly gee whiz what a week!Just got through jumpin' over Dawna's announcement and the very nest day here is another extra special one! How am I gonna survive this? Happily, I;ll tell you for sure. These little cousins are probably the most fortunate babies to be making their en trance into this world in 2009. What special, special parents ! What blest little 209ers. Jackson was baptized this morning so I went to Quail Springs church. A great occasion. The services were especially good and appropriate at this time, Sunday school on faith when things seem to be going wrong, and worship, Keep on praying, Luke 8. So we will do that, keep on praying for Granton and for the new little shavers not any bigger than Granton's fist!And for their wonderful faithful parents and grands. Love and prayers, Gram

Direnna said...

Congratulations you three! I have been ecstatic all week after hearing your news! I could not wait to share the news with my Sunday School class this morning. We will keep praying for Granton to continue doing so well and putting on weight and also, for the new babies in our future.
Love you guys!!!

Daniel and Kerri said...

I am so excited for you. That is such good news and I am so glad you had a wonderful day with Granton. We look forward to spending days with you and Granton. Love ya Kerri

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! A new baby is so exciting and so exciting to hear that Granton is doing well. We will continue to pray for you in Bedford.

Anonymous said...

Daniel & Jenni- That is great! We are very happy for you guys. What wonderful news! It's great to hear that Granton is feeling better. God bless you & keep you well during this pregnancy. Love you guys- Shannon

Mrs. McCullah said...

CONGRATS! I am so excited to go through pregnancy with you again! =)
Love and miss you!

Amanda

Anonymous said...

Congrats! A track baby to go with your football boy. It will make for a wonderful spring! Take care of yourself.
Vicki Newcomb

dbeckandlou said...

Congratulations!! We are so excited for you guys! What an incredible blessing!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Mr & Mrs Bayless on your new arrival soon. Wow what a way to wrap up a long yr for your family. And so great to see the Progress Granton is making each week. Oh what an exciting Holiday season it will be in the Bayless home this yr. God truly has been traveling with Granton each day. What an awesome God we have.
God Bless
Sherry Mayer

Anonymous said...

Jenni and Daniel,
You certainly know how to keep us smiling and rejoicing. Your news is absolutely wonderful. Congratulations! I love hearing that Granton looks and feels great and that he's eating well and enjoying the beautiful fall weather! What a special week-end!
Take care of yourself, Jenni.
Rebecca L.

rache said...

Congratulations! This is so exciting! I'm so happy for you all, as always I'm praying for you.
God Bless,
Rachel

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you all! I am also so glad to hear that Granton is doing so well! It will be wonderful to get to see you all come home to Bolivar.

Love and Prayers!

Christy Sheppeck

Anonymous said...

When you post something like the last one you really get the response, don't you? Everybody is sooo excited. Well I'm checking often this morniong, expecting a weigh gain--for both of you!! Love and prayers., Gram

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What excitement your family must be feeling and blessings too. It is nice to read of Granton's improvements. Great news that you all are adding to your family. I to just found out I am expecting in May. Each child is such a blessing from God in their own special way. Always praying for your family. Amber (Hale) Cline

Wolf Family said...

Congrats... we are so happy to hear such great news coming from your family!!! Granton will be a great big brother and will have so much to share with his sibling about the miracles of his Savior!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you!!! That's so exciting. Are Donna and Jamie prego again too?? Still praying-

Daniel said...

Jen,

Can you call Jenni she lost your number and was wanting to get in touch with you. 824-8321 705

Rachel Dominguez said...

HOLY MOLY...I am so happy for you guys...Granton will be the best big brother EVER!!! What incredible news to read. You just MADE MY DAY!

Rachel

Jenifer said...

Congratulations you guys!!! I'm so excited for you, and I'm SO glad to read how well Granton is doing. I've said it before, reading your blogs has been a blessing in my life, and you're always in my thoughts and prayers. Congrats!!!

Jenifer Wilson
(former PICU secretary)