Friday, January 23, 2009
"Pae"
Okay, this is the scoop on Granton’s RBC count. It is still exactly 7.8. This is where it has been stuck for quite awhile now. The good news is still that it is stable. The doctor said that Granton’s body is picking up the slack in other areas. If they wanted to they could bring Granton’s RBC count up but they want to leave well enough alone. This has happened in other SCID’s patients before and they think the count will slowly improve. Granton seems to be doing alright. They explained that his body is learning how to work together again. It would be better if Granon body figures out how to balance itself on its own. If they mess with something, like the RBC count, it will probably throw something else out of whack. It is better for his body to do it. There was not any other big news from the check up other than he did weigh a little more. I remember when his weight was stuck and it seemed like he would never get bigger. We have learned to just sit back and let God work in his time. We just keep praying and we thank you for doing the same. Granton goes back to KC in two weeks and he is checked in Bolivar next week. One thing that is pretty cool is when the doctors and nurses were looking over Granton he put his hands together and said “pae” which is his way of saying pray. I think the little man gives us all some pretty good advice. Take Care and God Bless
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Way to go, Granton! Children have a way of putting things into perspective even when they don't completely understand what they are saying and doing. I thank the Lord that Granton has been raised to know that "pae" is what God wants and expects us to do. It's amazing how coming from a child, that can make a much more powerful statement to non-believers. I pray Granton will continue to improve and that he will continue to grow in the grace of the Lord.
Tammy G
I will most certainly "pae" as always. :) Go Granton!!!!
We are thankful that all seems to be stable. Granton, we will continue to "pae" for you and your parents. Love and prayers Nancy G.
Wow, what a testimony. This speaks of what Granton is seeing his sweet parents doing in everyday life. Thank you...I want my son to see me turning to the Lord first,too. What an amazing example you all are!
What a blessing this child is. He is a true inspiration to me and to all the people at the National Marrow Donor Program. Thank you for keeping us updated with your blog and know that we are praying for his full and complete healing. I will remember to share this PAE story with everyone I meet.
That puts a smile on your face. When children do that you know we as parents are instilling the right virtues in their children.
Glad to hear his rbc is holding steady. Patience has been a big factor in Granton's story. Only God will reviled at the right time. Still praying.
Ronda
Thanks for your very positive report on Granton's doctor visit. The fact that his rbc has remained stable is a praise; we will continue to "pae" for an even better report in two weeks.
Thinking of you,
Rebecca L.
What an amazing little guy! Such a blessing that his numbers are staying stable too !
I'll continue to "pae" for Granton's improvement. It's so amazing the words that come out of children's mouths, and most of the time the words lift one's spirit!
God bless!
Actions speak louder than words sometimes, and I'm sure Granton is picking up on the "pae" he sees his parents engaged in. I will continue to pray that Granton's RBC improves. I bet the nurses in KC can't wait to see him. Love and prayers!
Glad that Granton is stable and he encourages us with his saying to "pae". We will keep him in our "paers". Love the picture that Aunt Neese posted. Thanks Aunt Neese.
God Bless,
Linda and Robert
Have you seen this article? The headline is: Gene therapy may cure 'bubble boy disease.' I saw a report yesterday in The New England Journal of Medicine. Today this was posted on msnbc.com: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28896936/
Emily
Post a Comment