Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Prayer Request

We are so fortunate to have gotten all the great news lately that Daniel posted yesterday. Time really got away from me today seeing that I ate lunch at 3:00 and I'm just now posting a blog at 4:30. I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend. I enjoyed my time with Daniel and Granton, just the three of us. Not much has changed since the last post. We went up on Granton's feeds to 45ml/hr and he has tolerated it just fine. Our prayer request is this: in order to be dismissed from the hospital Granton must gain weight and not throw up his feeds. He actually went down in weight this morning, but hopefully, the increase in feeds will boost the weight back up tomorrow. I got to replace his ng tube for the first time today and he handled it great! He usually cries a lot and hates it, but he calmed right down afterwards. It's nice to be practicing the procedures for parent care status.

Getting Closer,
Jenni

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Job, Jenni. I knew you could do it. I will be hoping and praying that Granton will be gaining weight from this point forward. It doesn't sound long before those little boots will be headed to the RMH. Still praying!

Anonymous said...

PRaying for a weight gain! Pack on those pounds little buddy! Hang in there guys!
Praying!
Amanda Rouse

Anonymous said...

Praying for Granton to gain weight, so you will be closer to going to the RMH. Hugs and kisses.
Aunt Tina

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you all have had a good weekend. Praise the Lord that the PCP and RSV are gone! That's been a long time coming. I will pray for Granton to gain weight so you can go to the RMH soon! Daniel & Jenni, your faith is amazing! Loved the boot story! I can't wait to see that picture! Love and prayers, Kim P.

Anonymous said...

Praying from Seward, Alaska. You will have to bronze those cowboy boots to keep forever.

Anonymous said...

Sure happy for you that things are better, you truly have that coming to you and Granton. No one but God knows how much you have helped Granton. You are a truly wonderful mother! GOD BLESS YOU!

Anonymous said...

Hi y'all==Just got in from Mineapolis and first off had to catch up on the blogs tho I've been talking to Debbie to keep up to snuff! So many delays, but slow but sure he is getting there. When you think how he was 2 or 3 months ago, mind boggling, isn't it? God has heard prayers by the thousands. I enlisted more this weekend in Minnesota and Iowa. God be thanked and God bless yhou all. LOve ya, Gram

Anonymous said...

"Forever, God is faithful!"
We continue to Pray and Praise!
Love,
Dana

Anonymous said...

We will pray for chubby legs and arms and maybe alittle double chin action just for good measure! ;)