Granton has been a happy boy the past couple days! He took a bottle last night, as well as his syringe! He drank about 4 oz. out of the bottle. We were both pleased to see this! He weighs 7.475 (16 lbs. 4 0z.) today which means he gained weight! And, his surgery is scheduled for the afternoon around 2 or 3 unless we hear otherwise. I am waiting on a doctor to come confirm that he still wants to go through with the procedure. We would like to feed him if we don't have to have surgery. As of now he can't have food all day... and we know the operating room is never available when they say, so that is probably not an exageration. I'll let you know more later.
Jenni
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 comments:
Poor Granton! It will be a long hard day for both of you if he doesn't get to eat. Are they going to biopsy the lump? Is it a lymph node?
Tammy G.
Our thoughts and prayers will be with you through the day. We praise God for the weight gain and drinking from the bottle. We pray for the doctors to make the correct decsion for Granton concerning the surgery for his neck.
Bless your hearts and that beautiful boy!
If Granton has to have the surgery we trust it all goes well. We lift you all up in prayer. We ask Gods Blessing on all of you. NG
Poor Granton....no food all day. It's going to be tough on all of you, pray they get the OR ready quick for him! You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Connie F.
My thoughts and prayers are with you. I am so sorry you have had so much to get through, but sometimes God gives us these times to make us stronger I believe. Hang in there, my daughter was also a bubble baby, went through the chemo and stem cell transplant. Just thank God we didn't have to deal with RSV like Granton did. But she had severe thrush and pneumocystis and I count my blessings that she was diagnosed when she was. We dealt with IVIG infussions and isolation for quite some time after being discharged, but now she is a very happy, health 5 yr. old in kindergarten. Oh, she has more checkups and blood draws that are hard for a 5 yr. old to understand, but I praise God daily for her and her health. I just want to say hang in there, there is hope for these children and a happy future once you get through the rough part and Granton has made amazing progress. I have been checking on your blog
often and you may not remember me contacting you months ago, but if you ever need to see a healthy, energetic SCIDS baby I have one.
I am thinking of you, may God be with you
Are we all ever happy and relieved that you are having some better days! Havn't heard from the cat scan, someties those things take lots of time. The picture is gorgeous--but my printer is reluctant again. How proud you parents must be of that little hero. Love and prayers, Gram
We'll pray for an early time in the operating room. I was praying for all of you this morning before I read this post. Will be praying for this surgery, the medical staff, and the 3 of you.
I'm sure you will do the right thing. God has guided you and has provided such wisdom. Your blog is so inspiring and I check it a couple of times a day. Granton's picture is adorable. I am so happy for his improvement. I will continue to pray for all of you.
Jenni,
Thinking of you and praying that today will go smoothly for Granton and that the doctors will make wise decisions regarding whether or not to do surgery.
Rebecca L.
My prayers are with Granton!
I'm so happy he gained weight, I can see having Mom and Dad with Granton always makes things better.
May God keep you in his loving arms!
Praying that everything is going well!
Prayers again and always from Bedford. Keep us posted about today.
Hopefully by now you have had the surgery, if needed, and that eveything went well. Glad to hear he gained some weight and is drinking from a bottle. Have a good evening. I continue to lift you all up in prayer. Love, Kim P.
I didn't comment under his new picture, but he looks so good and happy in it. Praying that everything has gone good today.
Post a Comment