Wednesday, September 3, 2008
It's a drippy day in KC this morning. I am wearing jeans and a jacket and the heat was on when I entered the building. Feels like fall. Well, Granton was awake all night throwing up his feeds. This morning since 9:00 he's had one small puke. He is super sensitive to his ng today. Even 1/2 an ml of med or just testing for placement upset his stomach. We have been pushing his meds very slow. He has one more left to take and we've been taking them over a two hour span. He has taken pedilyte by suringe and of course the meds and hasn't thrown up. We are thankful he is taking something by mouth, too. Vascular access got an iv placed on their first try and I barely heard a fuss from Granton, so I'm thankful he's learning to deal with being stuck. He will be getting iv fluids soon. Also, a little blood showed up in his stool this morning. We are praying that his stomach will regulate itself again. We are praying for the Lord to show us and the nutritionists the best way to help Granton gain weight. I happened to find some yobaby yogurt that is basically organic whole milk and tastes something like sour cream. It has 90 cal which we like, too. He loved it and hasn't thrown it up yet. He did not tolerate the pediasure--it came up faster than we could put it in...I'm beginning to wonder if formula has anything to do with the situation, but we'll keep learning and praying. As long as we can get oz an hour we can continue to feed by mouth. I don't object to the ng as long as he doesn't throw up, so if we start that we'll go real slow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Continuing to pray and praise God in Granton's behalf. I'm so sorry to hear that he is having so much tummy trouble! Praying for his stomach to settle and accept the food/liquids/meds that he needs.
Jenni,
Today's report is not what we want to hear but I'm glad you are keeping us informed so we know how to pray. We've seen God turn things around quickly in Granton's life many times over the past few months and I pray He will do the same now. May your spirits be lifted to new heights as the sun breaks through those dark, rainy clouds and God's sunshine fills your heart and life.
Thinking of you with much love and concern, Rebecca L.
YoBaby is still one of Madelynn's favorite breakfast foods! Hopefully it will be a food that will help settle and regulate his little digestive system. Hang in there Jenni!
Katie D.
Hi Jenni-
I know when Noah was 11 months old and started having some digestive issues - we quit giving him formula (and I was done nursing at that time). So we switched him to soy milk which has plenty of calcium and other nutrients that were great for him.
We continue to pray.
Kimberly
Just a thought I feel I must share with you--Our little one was in CMH for several months and our experience with the volume and high calorie feeds he was expected to take just didn't work for him.After we reduced the amount and calories and he received it in smaller amounts at a time it just turned the situation of him gaging and vomiting during and after his "feeds" completely around. This may be an idea to ask about. We are praying for you---
Jenni,
I have been reading about Granton since last spring and your family has been in my prayers each and every day. I just wanted to tell you that the Yogart that you mentioned comes in at least three different flavors and my daughter who is 10 months old will eat that when nothing else makes her happy. Take care of yourself and give that precious baby a kiss. He is a little miracle that reminds me daily of the great things that God can accomplish when we only believe.
Yobaby is Reni and Elijah's favorite as well! They love the yogurt and cereal combo best!
Serenity usually calls Granton baby. She will say,"Mama, ahh baby!" and point to the screen. However, today she said, "Granton!" Then she high fived his picture. At first she was a little disappointed and confused when he didn't slap her hand back. But then she just smiled that shy, innocent grin and said, "Granton, CUTE!"
Watch out girls are already starting to notice him! :)
I will mention Granton tonight. Hopefully, his tummy will calm down soon. The poor little guy. There's nothing worse than throwing-up.
Can you massage his feet? The stomach area on the foot is about a pinkie width under the ball of the foot ( in-line with the big toe). Just something to try. Plus it just feels SO good!
Have you got Granton on any acid reflux medicine? It sounds like he is having the same problems as my 12 month old daughter. Any time we tried to give her food she would throw it up. She is now on a generic for Prilosec and is doing wonderful.
Sabrina
I will continue to pray with all my heart and soul that these problems will be resolved quickly. I have fallen in love with your boy and want nothing but good news for him!!! You guys are doing a great job and If I ever get the time out of my busy schedule at work, I would love to come meet Granton and you (his parents).
I work in KC and live in Lee's Summit and you're right...it's a yucky day today.
Love you Granton!!!
Love and Prayers Always,
Rachel
It wet here in Bolivar today as well....not looking good for tomorrow either. I hope Grantons little tummy gets calmed down and he can hold his intake today. He may need something that is soy rather than milk?? I'm sure he is in good hands........take good care of yourself to Jenni. Did daddy make it there with the Liberator Bear? I thought it was cute. Connie F.
Yes! Thank you for the bear. We really like it and we still play with the musical card every now and then. :)
Jenni
Post a Comment